From the cradle to the day they leave for college, the daily interactions you have with your child will shape who they are and how they view the world. While there’s no proverbial “owners manual” for raising children, this book will give you the necessary tools for creating a strong relationship with your kids.
By applying the 10 Power Principles – Love, Communication, Balance, Responsibility, Character, Respect, Golden Sword, High Expectation, Presence and Your Word – you will learn how to build a lifelong, unwavering parental foundation that will keep you on track no matter what curve balls come your way.
Some of the topics covered include:
• What to do when your child just won’t listen
• How to express anger appropriately
• Setting limits
• Managing stress at home
• Instilling a good work ethic
• Teaching kids how to set and meet goals
• Teaching boys respect toward women
• Teaching your children about sex
• How to break technology addictions
• Family conversation starters
• How to make chores more fun
• And much, much more!
Infused with heartwarming and relatable personal narratives, author Wayne Parker (parenting contributor at TheSpruce.com, VeryWellFamily.com, and TheBalance.com), a father of five and grandfather of 13, provides actionable advice for new and seasoned dads alike. With bite-sized chapters and illuminating worksheets, this digestible guide will set the course for a lifetime of great parenting.